Corporate Plan 2018/19 to 2022/23
Council is legislatively required under section 165 of the Local Government Regulation 2012 to prepare a 5-year corporate plan for each period of 5 financial years. The Local government must adopt its 5-year corporate plan in sufficient time to allow a budget and annual operational plan, consistent with the corporate plan, to be adopted for the first financial year that is covered by the plan.
Council adopted the draft Corporate Plan 2018/19 to 2022/23 at the ordinary meeting in January and subsequently provided the draft plan to the community for consultation during February 2018. Council provided a variety of platforms on which the community could view the draft plan and provide feedback.
A project schedule was developed and approved by the Chief Executive Officer. The Council and Senior Management Team were briefed on the schedule in August 2017. A workshop held in October 2017 with Councillors and the Senior Management Team to scope the draft Corporate Plan 2018/19 to 2022/23. Prior to the workshop, an environmental scan of Council’s strategies and plans was undertaken as well as a sample survey of the community. From the workshop a draft corporate plan was developed and circulated to Councillors and the Senior Management Team. An internal steering group was formed with four (4) Councillors and five (5) staff representatives to consider internal feedback and revise the draft plan. The revised draft plan was circulated to Councillors and the Senior Management Team for further input. Face-to-face information sessions were scheduled for February 2018 with date claimers communicated via social media, the Mayor’s portfolio reports and radio during December 2017 and January 2018.
The draft Corporate Plan 2018/19 to 2022/23 was adopted by Council at the Ordinary Meeting of Council in January 2018. Community consultation was conducted during February however the draft plan was released as of 17 January 2018. Council promoted the review/feedback opportunity through:
- social media
- radio (HitFM, 1071, CrowFM and Wild Horse)
- print media (South Burnett Times, Murgon Moments)
- brochure/survey (South Burnett Libraries and Customer Contact Centres, Councillors, Council employees)
- electronic Survey
- website (dedicated page www.southburnett.qld.gov.au/haveyoursay which included links to hard copy and electronic documents / survey, slide presentation from face-to-face sessions and the details of the face-to-face sessions
- internal emails to employees
- external and internal electronic newsletters
- face-to-face information sessions
The face-to-face information sessions were held:
Thursday 8 February 2018
- Blackbutt (13 community attendees)
- Nanango (9 community attendees)
Thursday 15 February 2018
- Wondai (11 community attendees)
- Murgon (4 community attendees)
- Kingaroy (2 community attendees)
Council’s Facebook page statistics for related posts “Have your say – Corporate Plan”:
- Posted 25/01/18 = 2,663 reach (117 clicks on link)
- Posted 31/01/18 = 653 reach (25 clicks on link)
- Posted 03/02/18 = 508 reach (33 clicks on link)
- Posted 06/02/18 = 206 reach (9 clicks on link)
- Posted 08/02/18 = 160 reach (1 click on link)
- Posted 08/02/18 = 992 reach (6 clicks on link)
- Posted 11/02/18 = 1386 reach (8 clicks on link)
- Posted 11/02/18 = 5636 reach (537 clicks on link)
- Posted 14/02/18 = 1558 reach (39 clicks on link)
- Posted 15/02/18 = 296 reach (11 clicks on link)
- Posted 18/02/18 = 208 reach (2 clicks on link)
- Posted 22/02/18 = 299 reach (4 clicks on link)
- Respondents: 19
- 17 Comments on Q1 and Q2
- Located closest to Kingaroy 9, Murgon 4, Wondai 3, Nanango 2, Proston 1, Blackbutt 0
Hard copy Survey responses - 4
Letter responses providing feedback on draft plan - 3
Consideration of Feedback on Draft Plan:
The Internal Steering Group considered the feedback received identifying two (2) recommended changes to the draft plan.
Enhancing our community
- EC3.5 Recognise and embrace the region’s cultural diversity
Change to a Strategy:
- ENV1.2 Promote and improve Council’s natural resource management and bio-security activities
Council's Corporate Plan 2018/19 to 2022/23 was adopted by Council at the ordinary meeting in April.
A copy of the Corporate Plan 2018/19 to 2022/23 can be downloaded below.