Stay Alert and Informed
- Listen to the radio (ABC 1566AM, 1071AM, 88FM, 89.1CFM, 90.7FM, 96.3) and/or television for updates.
- Listen for messages and warnings on landlines or mobiles provided through the State’s emergency alert system (Emergency Alert)
- Monitor the Bureau of Meteorology website for weather warnings
- Monitor Council’s website for information on local emergency management plans and evacuation arrangements
- Act quickly on any advice given
- Rural Fire Service
- Stay informed via the South Burnett Regional Council Facebook page
Emergency Alert is a telephone warning system that the State Government can use to send alerts to communities via landline telephones based on the location of the handset, and to mobile phones, based on the service address of the phone.
In the case of an emergency, you may receive a voice message on your landline or a text message on your mobile phone.
When disasters loom or a major emergency happens, view Emergency Alerts on Queensland Government's Disaster Management website.