In accordance with Section 277(1) of the Local Government Regulations 2012, notice is hereby given that the ordinary General Meeting of the South Burnett Regional Council will be held on the third Wednesday of the month (except for the June and December 2019 meetings which will be held on the second Wednesday of the month and the October meeting which will be held on the fourth Wednesday of the month). The meeting dates, agendas and minutes are listed below.
Agendas and minutes are in PDF format unless otherwise indicated. To view PDF files you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. If this software isn't already on your computer, you can download it for free from the Adobe website.
Meeting Dates - 2020
|Wednesday||15 January 2020||Warren Truss Chamber Glendon Street Kingaroy||9.00am||Unconfirmed Minutes|
|Wednesday||19 February 2020||Warren Truss Chamber Glendon Street Kingaroy||9.00am|
|Wednesday||18 March 2020||Warren Truss Chamber Glendon Street Kingaroy||9.00am|
Request to Address Council
To allow members of the public an opportunity to address Council on matters of concern, the Council has decided to set aside a maximum of 15 minutes at the start of each General Meeting, for this purpose. The matter must be one of public interest related to local government and it is to be a submission to Council. Council will not enter into a question and answer session.
Rules have been adopted so that the session will run smoothly, to the maximum benefit of all concerned.
The rules are:-
- The session is for a maximum of 15 minutes, with a maximum of three speakers per session. It is advisable to notify the Chief Executive Officer beforehand of the wish to address Council, as the first to indicate will receive first priority and so on.
- The right of any individual to address Council during the public session is at the absolute discretion of the Council.
- The session is under the control of the person chairing the meeting. A person making a submission must cease talking if and when required by the Chair.
- A person addressing the Council must stand and act and speak with decorum and frame any remarks in respectful and courteous language.
- The Chair may require a person to cease making the submission if an address or comment is irrelevant, offensive or unduly long.