Search our site...

Contact Council

Council is committed to providing all customers with timely and efficient service. If you would like to arrange an appointment with a specific council officer please contact your local council office in advance to ensure the availability of that person.

Your local Customer Service offices are listed below:

Location Address Operating Hours
Blackbutt, Australia 69 Hart Street, Blackbutt 8.30am - 4.30pm (closed 12noon - 1.00pm)
Kingaroy, Australia 45 Glendon Street, Kingaroy 8.30am - 4.30pm 
Murgon, Australia 42 Stephens Street West, Murgon 8.30am - 4.30pm (closed 1.00pm - 2.00pm)
Nanango, Australia 48 Drayton Street, Nanango 8.30am - 4.30pm
Wondai, Australia  MacKenzie Street, Wondai 8.30am - 4.30pm (closed 1.00pm -2.00pm)
Proston, Australia 34 Blake Street, Proston Open Tuesday to Thursday 9.30am - 4.30pm (closed 1.00pm - 2.00pm) / Friday 9.30am - 1.00pm

Contact Council

Phone: (07) 4189 9100


Fax: (07) 4162 4806

Post: PO Box 336, Kingaroy Qld 4610 AUSTRALIA

Emergency After Hours Contact

For any 'After Hours' Council emergency, please call (07) 4189 9100 where you will be put through to Council’s after hours call centre. In a life threatening emergency, please call triple zero ‘000’.

To submit a Customer Request click the Council Connect icon below:

Council connect


Media Enquiries

All media enquiries should be directed to




How to Lodge a Complaint

A request for service is NOT a complaint

What is a request for service?

A request for service is where you want Council to take action. Examples include:

  • A barking dog
  • A leaking water pipe
  • An overflowing waste bin
  • A pot hole
  • Overgrown allotments
  • Road maintenance i.e. Grading needed
  • Information requests i.e. Rates Balances
  • How to register a dog
  • Or another issue requiring Council service

For a request for service, please phone (07) 4189 9100.

What is a complaint?

A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction, orally or in writing, by a person who is directly affected by an administrative action of Council or its staff, including a failure to take action.

The types of complaints dealt with by this process include:

  • a complaint about the conduct of a Council employee
  • a complaint about a Council service or other administrative action.
  • a complaint about a Council decision.

This fact sheet has been prepared to assist anyone who is considering lodging a complaint to the Council.

How to lodge an administrative action complaint.

Administrative Action Complaint Form.