Temporary Water Interruption – Kingaroy 26-03-20
Council will be isolating the water supply along Youngman Street, Kingaroy to swap over supply to the newly installed water main
As a part of Council’s routine maintenance programs and commitment to ensure the long term sustainability and efficiency of our water infrastructure, Council will be isolating the water supply along Youngman Street, Kingaroy to swap over supply to the newly installed water main. Works are scheduled to be carried out on Thursday 26 March 2020, between approximately 9:00am and 3:00pm, weather permitting. Unexpected circumstances may alter these times.
Interruption to water supply notices have been issued to all affected customers.
Residents and businesses are advised to take appropriate action such as turning off the hot water system and storing enough water for this period. Toilets may be satisfactorily flushed by quickly discharging a 10 litre bucket of water in the pedestal.
The following steps may assist following water maintenance works:
- Flush your plumbing by running inside and outside taps;
- Avoid using the washing machine or dishwasher should water be discoloured.
Frequently asked questions:
- What causes discolouration in water? Water mains maintenance, repairs or flushing may result in sediment being disturbed in the water pipes, resulting in the tap water appearing discoloured. In some instances, organic material found in the main water source may also cause discolouration.
- Who pays for the water lost whilst water mains are repaired or replaced? The cost is covered by Council’s maintenance budget.
- Can the water lost during water mains repairs or maintenance be recycled? No, Council does not recycle the water for public health reasons.
Council apologises for any inconvenience that this work may cause and thanks you in advance for your patience.
Please direct any enquiries to Council’s Water and Wastewater team by phone 4189 9100 or email Council.