Hiring of Council’s halls under current COVID-19 restrictions
Under the current State Government Chief Health Officer Public Health Directions, namely the Restrictions on Businesses, Activities and Undertakings Direction (No.5),
Council’s halls are considered to be a restricted business. As such, Council’s halls are only permitted to operate in compliance with the restrictions placed upon them.
As there is no Approved COVID Safe Industry Plan or COVID Safe Checklist available for the general use of a hall, hirers of Council’s halls for general use must comply with the following restrictions:
- No more than one person per 4 (four) square metres to a maximum of 50 people, with physical distancing observed (where physical distancing includes remaining at least 1.5 metres away from other persons where possible).
- Collect and keep contact information about all guests and staff for contact tracing purposes for a period of 56 days. This information must include: name, phone number, email address, and the date and time period of patronage. If requested, this information must be provided to public health officers within a stated time. The information should be securely stored, not used for any other purpose and deleted after 56 days.
- Must not operate a dance floor for dancing (unless the purpose is for a dance class).
Council’s halls may be hired for purposes other than a general purpose and these activities/events may be permitted to be attended by greater than the limit described above. These activities/events are required to be operated in accordance with the relevant provisions of the COVID Safe Framework which may include the adoption of an Approved COVID Safe Industry Plan, COVID Safe Checklist, COVID Safe Event Checklist or a COVID Safe Event Plan.
Prior to confirmation of hiring a Council hall, prospective hirers will be asked the following:
- Are you permitted to operate your activity/event under an Approved COVID Safe Industry Plan or COVID Safe Checklist? If so, you will be required to provide a copy of your signed Statement of Compliance (for use of an Approved COVID Safe Industry Plan) or a copy of your completed COVID Safe Checklist.
- If no, have you consulted with Queensland Health to ensure that you are able to operate your activity/event?
- If no, please consult with Queensland Health on 134 268 to confirm that your activity/event is able to operate under the current Chief Health Officer Public Health Directions. Once confirmed, please provide Council with details of your correspondence with Queensland Health.
Please consult the following for further information:
COVID Safe Businesses: https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/government-actions/covid-safe-businesses
Approved COVID Safe Industry Plans: https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/government-actions/approved-industry-covid-safe-plans
COVID Safe Events: https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/government-actions/covid-safe-events
Current Restrictions on Businesses, Activities and Undertakings Direction: https://www.health.qld.gov.au/system-governance/legislation/cho-public-health-directions-under-expanded-public-health-act-powers/business-activity-undertaking-direction
Information and FAQs on the current Restrictions on Businesses, Activities and Undertakings Direction: https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/public-health-directions/business-activity
Queensland Health’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Hotline: 134 268
For further information regarding hall hire please contact Council on 4189 9100 or email email@example.com.