This information has been prepared in accordance with the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 or the Planning Act 2016. No statement is made about the accuracy or suitability of the information for use for any purpose (whether the purpose has been notified to Council or not). Whilst every care is taken to ensure the accuracy of this data, neither the South Burnett Regional Council nor State Government Departments makes any representations or warranties about its accuracy, reliability, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose and disclaims all responsibility and all liability (including without limitation, liability in negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages (including indirect or consequential damage) and costs which you might incur as a result of the data being inaccurate or incomplete in any way or for any reason.
Submissions must be in writing and should relate directly to the work proposed and its possible impact on surrounding property or the locality. Council staff can assist you when viewing the application and can answer questions on specific technical issues. However, staff are not in a position to comment on the merits of the proposal at the notification stage nor is it appropriate that they assist you in formulating your submission.
Council has created a form to provide assistance in making a submission with respect to a development application. It is not essential that you use this form. A signed letter is acceptable. However, State legislation states that only a ‘properly made submission' will have third party appeal rights. A ‘properly made submission' must:
- Be in written form (dot point is acceptable).
- State clearly your objections to, or support for the proposed development.
- Be made to South Burnett Regional Council (the Assessment Manager)
- Be received during the notification period
- State the name, address and be signed by each person who made the submission (Sch 3 of the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 or Sch 2 of the Planning Act 2016)
- Before you make a written submission, please confirm the notification period with Council's Planning and Land Management Branch to ensure your submission is received prior to the closing date.
Please note: Submissions lodged are not confidential and will be published online in their entirety in accordance with the Section 22 Part 2 (7)(1)(a) of the Planning Regulation 2017, this may include the name, address and signature of the submitter. Once an application has been decided, the name and address of all submitters is provided to the applicant and is available to other submitters. This occurs when the applicant and submitters are advised of the decision.
Before you make a written submission, please confirm the notification period with Council's Planning and Land Management Branch to ensure your submission is received prior to the closing date.