How to Tour an Exhibition Workshop
In this workshop participants will collaborate on a case study exhibition to learn the fundamentals of touring an exhibition.
Participants will learn:
- How to assess their exhibition - is it appropriate to tour?
- How to write a touring proposal and pitch it to venues.
- The importance of professional photography, researching and building your contacts
- How to schedule a tour
- The nuts and bolts of getting your show on the road - freight, contracts, crating, storage, insurance, touring manuals.
- Developing resources education kits, media kits, didactics.
- The importance of engaging the community with your exhibition.
Aim of the program:
To provide participants with a clear understanding of how to tour an exhibition. At the end of this workshop participants will:
- Understand that touring projects are scalable and can be targeted at different types of venues e.g. galleries, venues, libraries and alternative spaces.
- Understand the work and process involved in successfully touring an exhibition.
This workshop is free to attend. Thursday the 8th & Friday the 9th of april, 10am to 4pm.
Please arrive at 9:30am in time to have a cuppa and settle in for a 10am start.