All compliance assessable plumbing work carried out within South Burnett Region must be approved by Council. A Plumbing and Drainage application must be lodged for all work which includes but is not limited to:
- New Dwellings / Duplex-units
- Commercial Development
- Shop fit outs
- Relocating Houses into the Region
- Disconnection of Council Sewer
- Disconnection of House Hold Treatment Plants (HSTP) and Septic Systems.
- Swimming Pools (both in-ground & above-ground)
All other regulated plumbing work can be performed under the Form 4 process by a licensed plumber and drainer. The scope of work allowable under the Form 4 Notifiable work process is listed in Schedule 2 of the Standard Plumbing and Drainage Regulation 2003.
Additionally, Hydraulic Plans are required for some applications lodged for assessment.
It is illegal to do regulated plumbing work without a licence, please check with Council if you are unsure of any detail.
To download the mandatory plumbing & drainage application forms, please visit the Department of Housing & Public Works website.
For all development applications, you must:
- complete application details - Form 1 (Compliance Assessment) and Form 7 (Notification of Responsible Person).
Nb. Form 7 is not required should your plumber sign Form 1 as the Responsible Person.
Other applicable forms are:
- Form 3 - Verification of Covered Work;
- Form 8 - Notice of Compliance On-Site Sewerage Work.