Council is committed to acting in the best interest of the community and upholding the principles of honesty, integrity and transparency. Council operates as an organisation in which ethical conduct is expected, encouraged and supported with no tolerance for corrupt conduct, fraudulent activities or maladministration.
Fraud and Corruption Prevention Management Policy
The Fraud and Corruption Prevention Management Policy clearly states Council's commitment to progress and maintain a structured integrated fraud and corruption prevention management framework supporting the development, implementation and regular review of:
- Fraud and corruption prevention and detection strategies, and
- Response and reporting strategies.
Fraud and Corruption Prevention Management Framework
The Fraud and Corruption Prevention Management Framework has been developed to implement procedures to meet the objectives of the Fraud and Corruption Prevention Management Policy.
The purpose of this framework is to:
- Reduce the potential for fraud and corruption;
- Prevent material losses within and against Council;
- Promote and employ best practise and a culture determined to prevent fraud and corruption
- Provide an overarching framework authority for all Council policies and procedures;
- Explain how Council deals with suspected fraud and corruption through risk management practices;
- Provide guidance on how any suspected instances of fraud or corruption are dealt with by Council;
- Retain public confidence in Council and prevent adverse publicity;
- Maintain healthy and professional relationships with stakeholders;
- Promote and employ strong risk management practises; and
- Meet legislative, insurance and auditing requirements.