We want your feedback - Alford Street Carpark Revitalisation
As part of South Burnett Regional Council’s commitment to providing infrastructure to support businesses and the community, major rehabilitations works will soon commence to the public carpark behind the Kingaroy Street banks accessed from Alford Street, Kingaroy.
Council have allocated funds to the value of $600,000 from the 2019-2020 Capital Programme budget, towards the completion of this project, which will include:
- Rehabilitation of the pavement, including new seal and line marking;
- Disabled parking;
- Caravan dumping point;
- Merging of the Alford Street access to form a one-way exit;
- Recreational vehicle and trailer parking bays;
- Upgrade lighting;
- New pedestrian access from Hector Munro Lane to the Rail Trail;
- Provision for future electric vehicle charge stations; and
- Associated landscaping.
The project will increase usability for both the local and travelling public by improving safety and accessibility to Kingaroy businesses and community centres. Works for this project are estimated to commence between May and June 2020. Council invites South Burnett residents to provide feedback on the proposed plans attached until 28 February 2020.
Feedback can be made to Council’s Infrastructure team by:
- Online via Council’s website ‘Contact Council’ page
- In person at any of Council’s Customer Service Centres;
- Phone on 4189 9100; or by
- Mail - C/- Chief Executive Officer, South Burnett Regional Council, PO Box 336 Kingaroy Qld 4610.
Please direct any enquiries to Council’s Infrastructure team on (07) 4189 9100 or email Council.