South Burnett residents reminded to ‘Be Prepared’
The South Burnett Local Disaster Management Group (LDMG) executive members met this morning in Kingaroy to discuss predicted weather conditions. With anticipated heavy rainfall in the region, the LDMG has moved to ‘Alert’ stage and is currently working with local emergency services to monitor weather conditions.
Chief Executive Officer Mark Pitt reminds South Burnett residents that with the storm season now upon us, it is a great reason to be prepared.
“The South Burnett Local Disaster Management Group will continue to monitor local weather conditions and whilst this much needed rain is most welcome in the South Burnett following recent dry conditions, we are also preparing for any situation which may arise,” Mr Pitt said.
You can help prepare for emergencies by:
- Preparing your Emergency Plan
- Preparing your Emergency Kit
- Preparing your home / business / farm
- Tuning into Warnings
- Re-stocking your pantry
- Ensuring your prescriptions are filled
- Ensuring you have adequate supplies of fuel, gas and medication
Useful Websites and contacts:
- South Burnett Regional Council’s Disaster Dashboard http://dashboard.southburnett.qld.gov.au/
- Qld Alert is a Facebook Page by Qld Police provides a ‘dashboard’ for emergency services info in Qld: https://www.qld.gov.au/alerts
- BOM weather & warnings: http://www.bom.gov.au/
- Qld Disaster Management Services: https://www.disaster.qld.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx
- Dept of Transport & Main Roads – road closures: phone 131 940 or https://qldtraffic.qld.gov.au/
- In a life-threatening emergency, which includes vehicles trapped in floodwater people are urged to call triple zero (000) immediately
- SES - For storm and flood related assistance contact the State Emergency Service on 132 500
- SunWater – For current dam levels https://www.sunwater.com.au/
- Tune into your local radio - ABC (100.1FM or 855AM) or CrowFM (90.7FM)
Don’t forget, “If it’s flooded, forget it!”