UPDATE - Water Main Replacement Program - Kingaroy
Notice of Construction Work – Night Works Youngman Street, Kingaroy
As a part of Council’s Capital Works program and commitment to ensure the long term sustainability and efficiency of our water infrastructure, Council is continuing construction works for the renewal of the Water Main along Youngman Street, Kingaroy. This is part of the Kingaroy Water Main Replacement Program announced on 30 July 2019. Council has engaged Roman Contractors to carry out this work.
Trenched pipe installations in Youngman Street, between Avoca Street and Haly Street, are complete. The remaining major works for this component of the project involves several major underground directional drilled pipes that will cross Youngman Street to connect properties on the eastern side of the street with the new water main on the west. These directional drilling works will be undertaken at night starting on Monday 10 February 2020 for approximately two weeks, ending Friday 21 February 2020, weather permitting. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place during night works. Detours and traffic re-routing may be required to ensure workers’ and public safety.
No water supply interruptions are planned during these works. Once the new water mains are to be commissioned, residents and businesses will be advised prior to any interruption to the water service.
The following steps may assist should discolouration of water supply be evident following water maintenance works:
- Flush your plumbing by running inside and outside taps.
- Avoid using the washing machine or dishwasher should water be discoloured.
Frequently asked questions:
- What causes discolouration in water? Water mains maintenance, repairs or flushing may result in sediment being disturbed in the water pipes, resulting in the tap water appearing discoloured. In some instances, organic material found in the main water source may also cause discolouration.
- Who pays for the water lost whilst water mains are repaired or replaced? The cost is covered by Council’s maintenance budget.
- Can the water lost during water mains repairs or maintenance be recycled? No, Council does not recycle the water for public health reasons.
Council apologises for any inconvenience that this work may cause and thanks you in advance for your patience.
Please direct any enquiries to Council’s Water and Wastewater section by phone 4189 9100 or email Council.