Prescribed Burn Notification
South Burnett Regional Council advises prescribed burn operations will be undertaken within Council Reserves across the South Burnett from Monday 19 April 2021,
with an anticipated completion date of Tuesday 31 August 2021, conditions permitting.
These operations are carried out by qualified and experienced operators. Prescribed burns play an important part in wildfire mitigation and biodiversity conservation.
- Kingaroy Night Soil Depot
- Staines Road, Benarkin
- Nanango Fauna Sanctuary
- Booie Reserve
- Boondooma Dam
- Gordonbrook Dam
- Goodger Reserve
- Mt Wooroolin Reserve
- Old Esk Road Quarry Reserve
- Proston Reserve
- Wondai Airport
Residents and businesses around the burn area are reminded to take the following precautions:
- Keep doors and windows closed to prevent smoke entering homes
- Keep outdoor furniture under cover to prevent ember burns
- Retract pool covers to prevent ember damage
- Remove washing from clothes lines
- Ensure pets have a protected area
- Vehicles must slow down, keep windows up and turn highlights on
- Sightseers must keep away from the burn zone for their own safety
If you have asthma or other breathing difficulties, reduce outdoor activities. If shortness of breath or coughing develops, take advised medical precautions or seek medical advice.
Residents are also reminded that dumping of household waste on Council land is not permitted and fines apply.
For further information contact Council’s Natural Resources Coordinator on 1300 789 279, 4189 9100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.