Managing mental health and wellbeing
Do you live in a RURAL and REMOTE area and feel isolated more than ever? Here’s how you can manage your Mental Health and wellbeing…
During the COVID-19 pandemic, you may experience stress, anxiety, fear, sadness and loneliness. And mental health disorders, including anxiety and depression, can worsen. Learn self-care strategies and get the care you need to help you cope. Self-care strategies are good for your mental and physical health and can help you take charge of your life. Take care of your body and your mind and connect with others to benefit your mental health.
Self-care strategies include:
- Get dressed and ready for the day, even if you are not going anywhere
- Call your neighbour and check on them
- Call your friend and have an evening chat
- Keep in touch with your family
- Take a short walk and breath in that fresh air
- Spend some time in the garden
- Go through and organize old photos and memorabilia and enjoy the stories and happy memories
- Play your favourite songs
- Cook that favourite family recipe
- Take a drive and enjoy the outdoors
For more information on assistance available, simply download “The Community Relief and Support Agencies in the South Burnett” brochure which specifically identifies groups, organisations and businesses available in the South Burnett who can provide assistance to community members who may be experiencing extraordinary challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic.
South Burnett Regional Council reminds residents to follow the Queensland Government messaging: If you are sick, stay home; if you're feeling unwell with symptoms of COVID-19, you should contact your doctor about being tested; practice social distancing; continue good hygiene practices.