The South Burnett region covers a geographical area of 8400 sq kms, and is home to 32,500 people. Encompassing the former Shires of Murgon, Wondai, Nanango and Kingaroy, the largest population centre is the town of Kingaroy, which has an approximate population of 8,500 people.
The South Burnett region is uniquely positioned to offer lifestyle and employment opportunities that other regions can only envy. Its progressive townships offer services and cultural events usually only hosted by larger urban centres, yet its tight-knit communities and spacious surrounds lend it a more relaxed atmosphere. Importantly, the region is not lacking in educational, medical or recreational facilities, while being tantalisingly close, approximately 2 ½ hour's drive to Brisbane, Toowoomba and the Sunshine Coast. For more information about our region refer to Council and the region.
Health and Wellbeing
Providing a safe work environment is of utmost importance and taken very seriously. Council supports a comprehensive range of health and wellbeing initiatives. Current support programs include:
- Employee Assistance Program offering professional counselling
- Zero Harm Safety Management System
- Health initiatives including flu vaccinations
- Corporate offers for private health insurance - BUPA
Balancing work and life demands is of high value to employees. Council offers a range of work options, which may assist with meeting the demands of modern life. Some of these include:
- A Nine (9) Day Fortnight Rostered Day Off scheme for full-time employees
- Relocation Assistance (financial reimbursement) may be available for employees required to relocate in order to undertake employment with Council
- A Learning and Development program to encourage "best practice" in the workforce, and provide employees with a greater depth of skills and knowledge
- An internal recruiting scheme, to facilitate skilling opportunities and career development
- Generous 12% superannuation stipulations (the Local Government Superannuation Scheme will apply)
- Salary sacrificing opportunities
|Click here for Current Vacancies||Work Health & Safety|