Council adopted the new Community Grants Program Policy at the General Meeting held on Wednesday, 19 April 2017. This policy outlines the new Community Assistance Grants available to community organisations and individuals each financial year.
The new Community Grants Program combines all Council’s grant, donation and sponsorship programs so that the process will be easier for Community groups to understand and access, in a fair and equitable way.
The categories available under this program are:-
- Community Events Sponsorship;
- Community Regionally Significant Events Sponsorship;
- Community Hall Public Liability Insurance Grant;
- Councillor Discretionary Fund;
- Elite Performance Youth Grant;
- Healthy Communities Sponsorship;
- In-Kind Sponsorship;
- Mayor’s Community Benefit Fund;
- Project/Program One-off Sponsorship; and
- Regional Arts Development Fund.
The Policy, which provides a more detailed overview of each category and the criteria by which they will be assessed, is available here.
Council has provided a copy of the Policy and associated forms to community organisations who have previously received funding.
As this Program is a shift in the way funding to the community has been provided, Council encourages organisations to contact Council's Community Development/Grants Officer, Kimberley Donohue on 4189 9100 to discuss projects/events/activities for which they may seek assistance.