South Burnett Regional Council Roads & Drainage Branch offers numerous services as listed below:
- Maintain Councils 3200 km of roads, pathways, drainage structures and bridges including:
- Patching potholes on sealed roads;
- Shoulder repairs on sealed roads;
- Grading and gravelling unsealed roads;
- Resealing sealed roads as required to prevent further potholing;
- Slashing road shoulders;
- Sweeping urban streets;
- Removing fallen trees and branches off roadways and footpaths;
- Repairing scours along and across roadways;
- Install and maintain road signage and linemarking for road safety
- Construct road, drainage and footpath projects listed in Council's annual capital program.
- Maintains state controlled roads within the region as a contractor to the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
- Install rural address numbers to properties outside of urban areas.
Bitumen Resealing Program:
Council undertakes periodic bitumen resealing work on our sealed road network to rejuvenate and extend the life of roads and streets. The bitumen resealing process consists of spraying a thin film of bitumen across the road surface, and then adding small stones on top of the bitumen film. This forms a durable waterproof dust free layer on top of the road, can improve the skid resistance of the road surface, and reduces the occurrence of potholes and cracks forming. Typically, the useful life of a bitumen seal is 10-15 years, after which time bitumen resealing should be undertaken.
Notice of Roadworks Haly Street, Wondai (Pavement Rehabilitation)
Council has programmed to commence road pavement rehabilitation works on Haly Street, Wondai along the frontage of the Wondai Visitor Information Centre & the South Burnett Regional Timber Museum Complex on Monday 13 February.
This project will include kerb & channel replacement, pavement construction and bitumen sealing works, with the completion expected in approximately three (3) weeks, weather permitting.
Throughout the project, vehicle parking will not be permitted on Haly Street, however access to the Complex will be via the two (2) car parking areas at either end of the centre.
If you have any concerns in regards to property access please contact the Onsite Supervisor or contact Council’s Customer Service Centres on (07) 4189 9100.
We apologise for any inconvenience that this work may cause, and thank you in advance for your
cooperation and patience.
|Location:||Blackbutt Town Development Stormwater Drainage|
|Project Description:|| |
This project involves stormwater upgrade between Hart Street and John Street, Blackbutt. The work shall consist of:
|Status:||Works commenced in December 2018 with an estimated completion date of April 2019, weather permitting.|
|Location:||Niagara Road, Niagara|
|Project Description:|| |
This project involves shoulder widening, pavement overlay and drainage works. The work shall consist of:
|Status:||Works have commenced in December 2018 with an estimated completion date of June 2019, weather permitting.|