Membership at South Burnett libraries is free and open to everyone.
- Library members can borrow up to 10 physical items for 4 weeks
- Items can be renewed once, providing the item has not been requested by another member
- Members can reserve items both online and in branch
- Access and borrow up to 10 items our eLibrary in eBook or eAudiobook format for up to 14 days
- Borrow and return items at any South Burnett Libraries branch
- Request items for purchase or loan from other library services (interlibrary loan)
- Access eResources including databases, journal articles, newspapers and magazines
- Access free internet, word processing and WiFi - including printing (fees apply)
Become a member
Visit a branch and provide personal information including identification with a permanent residential address to join.
Or complete the library membership form and then visit a branch to show identification prior to borrowing items.
Children under 18 will need a parent or guardian to register as a member.
Using the library service
Members are provided with a membership card and password to access online services upon joining, this membership card must be presented to borrow.
If a membership card is lost or stolen contact the library immediately so a stop can be placed on the membership to avoid misuse - a replacement card fee may apply.
It is important to note that members are liable for the replacement cost of all items issued on their card including any items that are lost or damaged.
Parents/guardians are responsible for their children’s use of the library including the selection and use of any library material or electronic facilities.
If your address or phone number changes, notify library staff so we can keep in contact with you.
South Burnett Libraries receives financial assistance from the Queensland Government through State Library of Queensland.