Have Your Say
And Make Your Voice Heard
Constitutional Equality and Recognition for all
A new restricted invasive water weed has been found in South Burnett
Please report any possible sightings to Council
If you were affected by the 2017 Boxing Day Severe Weather Event,
An Information Kit has been put together to assist you.
Saturday 25 May 2019
Mayor's Charity Ball
Black Tie Event
Save the date
South Burnett is a great place to discover!
Home to the Bunya Mountains, dams, rail trails, award winning wineries & so much more! 2.5 hrs from Brisbane.
Every Man Remembered
South Burnett Council is keen to heighten awareness of the history of WWI, launching its "Every Man Remembered" Database The database lists the young men and women from across the South Burnett Region, some who have paid the ultimate sacrifice.
Update from the Chair (Mayor Keith Campbell) - Local Disaster Management Group as at 5pm today
An update from the Chair (Mayor Keith Campbell) -Local Disaster Management Group (LDMG) as at 5pm today:
- The large bushfire burning at Wattlecamp started at a McClymont Road property around 12noon today.
- 60 QFES personnel are on scene with assistance from Queensland Police Services, Council, Queensland Ambulance Service and SES – around 75 personnel.
- From ignition, the fire moved in 3 directions with currently around 150ha burnt or still burning, 25 appliances are in attendance with 1 water bombing helicopter.
- There are 3 properties immediately under threat however many resources are onsite protecting these structures, no properties have been lost and no forced evacuations at this stage.
- The fire heading in a northerly direction is approximately 1km from the National Park – National Parks staff are on scene in this area.
- The fire is growing in an easterly direction and poses the biggest threat at this time.
- Fire crews will patrol the fire throughout the night and are expecting that the fire will remain active for the next couple of days.
- The weather is expected to remain in a similar pattern over the next couple of days with 15-20 km winds.
- The LDMG would like to remind the community of the exclusion zone currently in place.
- Smoke is a significant health hazard, so please take precautions and seek medical advice is you are experiencing any difficulties breathing.
Next update 10am Thursday 31 August 2017.