Christmas Lights Competition Now Open
It’s time to get festive throughout the South Burnett and light up your home for Christmas!
Do you enjoy an active lifestyle? Are you a keen sportsperson? Do you enjoy the outdoors?
We’d like to talk to you!
Saturday 25 May 2019
Mayor's Charity Ball
Black Tie Event
Save the date
South Burnett is a great place to discover!
Home to the Bunya Mountains, dams, rail trails, award winning wineries & so much more! 2.5 hrs from Brisbane.
Every Man Remembered
South Burnett Council is keen to heighten awareness of the history of WWI, launching its "Every Man Remembered" Database The database lists the young men and women from across the South Burnett Region, some who have paid the ultimate sacrifice.
Have Your Say
And Make Your Voice Heard
Constitutional Equality and Recognition for all
UPDATE – as at 1000hrs 31 August 2017– Local Disaster Management Group – Chair (Mayor Keith Campbell)
- Approx. 300 - 350 hectares of area that has burnt.
- 22 rural fire service crews, 9 fire and rescue crews, 10 SES personnel, 6 QPS personnel, 3 QAS personnel, 2 council personnel and resoureces/plant were onsite as well as several private contractors.
- Crews back on site at 0700hrs this morning.
- Areas on western flank and northern flank under control.
- On Eastern flank Council’s grader did a lot of work and today the focus will be on Wattlecamp Road to strengthen containment lines.
- Road blocked on Memerambi Barkers Creek Road (between Birch Road and Wattlecamp Road). Closed to through traffic. Local traffic is accepted.
- Evaluation will be done this morning to ascertain when the road can be re-opened.
- Goal today is to continue to patrol, strengthen containment lines with dozer.
- Local Disaster Management Group stood down as at 0945hrs this morning as the event no longer requires assistance/management beyond the resources of the local emergency services.
- Thank you to all the emergency services involved.
- Community messaging will be sent out from QFES as developments occur.