SOUTH BURNETT REGIONAL COUNCIL LOCAL GOVERNMENT INFRASTRUCTURE PLAN
Council has now completed it’s draft Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP) and wants to hear from you. A LGIP is a statutory planning requirement under the Planning Act 2016, which establishes a sustainable program of local, higher order infrastructure necessary to support population and employment growth, including water, wastewater, stormwater, transport, and parks and land for community facilities.
The purpose and general effect of the draft LGIP is to:
- Integrate infrastructure planning with land use planning identified in the planning scheme;
- Identify trunk infrastructure necessary to support future urban development;
- Ensure trunk infrastructure is planned and provided in an efficient, cost effective and orderly manner, is sustainable (capable of being funded by Council) and aligns with Council’s asset management and long-term financial planning;
- Provide a basis for Council to levy infrastructure charges and condition the provision of trunk infrastructure as part of development; and
- Provide transparency regarding Council’s intention for the provision of trunk infrastructure.
The draft LGIP and supporting material is available to view and download on Council’s website at www.southburnett.qld.gov.au. The draft LGIP is available for inspection and purchase at Council’s Customer Service Centres.
The public consultation period for the proposed LGIP commences Monday 4 February 2019 and closes Friday 15 March 2019. Any person may make a written submission about any aspect of the proposed LGIP. In order for a written submission to be properly made, it must:
- Be made in writing (including by electronic means) to South Burnett Regional Council;
- Include the name and address of each person making the submission;
- Be signed by each person making the submission (unless made electronically);
- State the grounds of the submission and the facts and circumstances relied on in support of the grounds; and
- Be received by Council before 5.00pm on Friday 15 March 2019.
Submissions can be lodged by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by post to PO Box 336, Kingaroy, QLD 4610 or in person at any
Council Customer Service Centre.
For enquires about the draft LGIP amendment visit
www.southburnett.qld.gov.au or 4189 9100.