South Burnett Community Celebration
Queen's Baton Relay
Kingaroy Tuesday 27 March 2018
4.00pm to 8.00pm
Have Your Say
And Make Your Voice Heard
Constitutional Equality and Recognition for all
A new restricted invasive water weed has been found in South Burnett
Please report any possible sightings to Council
If you were affected by the 2017 Boxing Day Severe Weather Event,
An Information Kit has been put together to assist you.
Saturday 25 May 2019
Mayor's Charity Ball
Black Tie Event
Save the date
South Burnett is a great place to discover!
Home to the Bunya Mountains, dams, rail trails, award winning wineries & so much more! 2.5 hrs from Brisbane.
Every Man Remembered
South Burnett Council is keen to heighten awareness of the history of WWI, launching its "Every Man Remembered" Database The database lists the young men and women from across the South Burnett Region, some who have paid the ultimate sacrifice.
Cr Gavin Jones - Roads & Drainage Portfolio Report - 20 September 2017
- Construction Crew South - Crumpton Drive, Blackbutt (Widening & Bitumen Seal)
The earthworks have been completed and pavement material being delivered and placed. The first coat bitumen seal is expected to be completed within two (2) weeks.
- Construction Crew South - Franks Road, Blackbutt (Widening & Bitumen Seal)
First coat bitumen seal has been placed. There has been a delay with the delivery of culverts to complete a number of private accesses. The final bitumen seal is expected to be completed in October.
- Concrete Construction Crew - Kingaroy Town Hall Access Lane (Pavement Rehabilitation Southern Side) (Works for Queensland)
Works are progressing well with 60% of the work completed. The expected completion date is early October.
- Concrete Construction Crew - Fitzroy Street, Nanango (Concrete Footpaths – Works for Queensland)
The first section between Flemings Garage and Price Busters has now been completed. The crew is currently working outside the Fitzroy Hotel/Motel with works expected to be completed in early October.
- Corndale Road, Memerambi (Shoulder Widening) from Couchmans Road 1.2km east
Works are on schedule with the first 450m bitumen seal completed and the rest of the project is expected to be sealed prior to December. The crew will continue with the R2R section from Klass & Townes intersection for 700m east.
- Construction Crew Central – Ellesmere Road (Works for Queensland)
Works for Queensland project has been completed. A full width bitumen seal will be completed in Council’s Reseal program.
- Construction Crew Central – Kearneys Road, (Widening and Bitumen Seal)
The narrow section east of George Banks Crossing has been widened and sealed for 300m.
Heavy Maintenance South -
- McGillvray Road, South Nanango,
- Rocky Creek Road, South Nanango
- Reeve Road, South Nanango
- McIllhatton Road, Booie (includes TC Debbie restoration works)
- Gravel Resheet of Tarong Railway Road
- Shoulder Resheet (W4Q) & Pavement repair(R2R) Mt Stanley Road
- Runnymede Road shoulder resheet (W4Q + Council)
General Maintenance South -
- General maintenance works
- King Street, Nanango footpath (W4Q)
Heavy Maintenance Central
- Tessmanns Road North, Kingaroy (incl TC Debbie restoration works)
- Schellbachs Road, Kingaroy – Corner realignment
- Ironpot Road, Kumbia-Chahpingah - Gravel resheeting (W4Q), grader maintenance, shoulder grading - Kumbia end
General Maintenance Central -
- First Ave, Kingaroy - Pavement repair
- General Maintenance
Heavy Maintenance North –
- Stonelands Road, Stonelands
- Kilrush Road, Stonelands
- Silverleaf Road - pavement rehabilitation (W4Q)
General Maintenance North -
- Stonelands Road, Culvert renewal
- General Maintenance
Other Maintenance works
- Bookless Road, Haly Creek (including TC Debbie Restoration works)
- Ellesmere Road , Ellesmere (including TC Debbie Restoration works)
- Tuckers Road, Ellesmere (Including TC Debbie Restoration works)
RMPC – Main Roads
- Byee Road shoulders (RMPC)
Three (3) projects have been submitted under the 2017 Resilient Infrastructure (Betterment) Fund
- Manar Road
- Johnstons Road
- Broad Creek Road