Council’s revised Community Grant Program Policy supports community based organisations to enhance and enrich our community
Community Groups and not-for-profit organisations across the South Burnett can receive a boost for their events, projects and initiatives thanks to South Burnett Regional Council’s Community Grants Program.
From 1 July 2019, Council will implement a revised Community Grant Program Policy. The revised policy will continue to distribute financial and in-kind assistance equitably and transparently, with the most significant changes including:
- 5.3 Councillor Discretionary Fund – this fund requires an application form to be completed a minimum of three weeks prior to the activity/event for funding up to a total of $1,000.
- 5.5 Healthy Communities Sponsorship – this fund now has a maximum amount of funding up to $3,000 per activity/event.
- 5.6 In-kind Sponsorship – this sponsorship requires an application to be received a minimum of four weeks prior to the activity/event.
- 5.10 Indigenous Affairs Fund – this fund is a new category and requires an application to be completed a minimum of three weeks prior to the activity/event.
- Successful applications submitted in the August Round One each financial year will be announced in October and must have a commencement date no earlier than 1 November.
- Successful applications submitted in the February Round Two each financial year will be announced in April and must have a commencement date no earlier than 1 May.
Mayor Keith Campbell said that Council is pleased to be in a position to assist community groups and not-for-profit organisations to enhance their service provision to the wider community.
“Hard working community groups and not-for-profit organisations are the backbone of our region and Council is delighted to support community facilities, projects, events and programs that have a clear community benefit or need,” said Mayor Campbell.
“The Community Grants Program is competitive and applications are assessed on merit. I encourage groups and organisations to take the opportunity to become familiar with the available funding and submit applications,” he added.
For more information please contact Council’s Community Grants Officer on 07 4189 9100.